[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: grammar checker
- From: email@example.com (Peter Pui Tak Chiu)
- Date: 18 Sep 92 10:47:49 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Washington University, St. Louis MO
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (Usenet Administrator)
is there a grammar checker for a generic language available?
what i mean is:
given the BNF/EBNF definition of a language, and a program written in that
language, i would like to be able to check for the program's syntactic
correctness. therefore, i would like to have a program that has a section
that defines the grammar of the language, e.g.:
(<fname> <id>) ; <fname> ::= <id>
so that i can change that part to the grammar of my own language...
i think this is something that is quite commonly done..... so if anyone
has the code for it, would you please send it to me?
many many thanks!!!
please email to email@example.com