Re: call-method ??????

Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr> writes :

>I don't have a direct answer to your question (though I wonder why you mention
>CALL-METHOD and don't use it...), but it seems to me that if you find yourself
>in such a tight corner, it means that your design does not fit in the OO model.
>Either change your design, or try to use ordinary functions instead of methods.
>     Daniel.

But but but...

Suppose you have two classes <boat> and <plane> with their method (move).
And you want to do a class <hydroplane> and you wonder how to write the
method move for that class.

It you be nice to do something like

(defmethod move ((self <hydroplane>) ...)
    (if condition (call-specified-method 'move '<boat>)
                  (call-specified-method 'move '<plane>)

        ...)

Anyway it seems to me that it would be nice, no ?

---
Lafourcade Mathieu
GETA (Groupe d'Etude pour la Traduction Automatique)
BP 53X, 38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX, FRANCE

Lafourca@imag.fr