lisp asking excel to graph stuff

I would like to display graphs from lisp using excel (or any other app).
Has anyone already done such things?  What's the best/easiest way to do
this (AppleEvents, Publish/Subscribe, ...).

Ideally, lisp should be the controlling app and the grapher should not
be too visible to the user (not at all if possible).  Ie I don't want
the user to do some quit or resume after excel has displayed its stuff.

Any help, suggestions, code would be appreciated.

vk
--
Never trust a pretty header: use keunen@nrb.be to reply