[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Comments on CLIM1.1 sought - specifically GRASPER
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: Comments on CLIM1.1 sought - specifically GRASPER
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Daniel D Suthers)
- Date: 2 Nov 92 23:33:05 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of Pittsburgh
- References: <email@example.com.UUCP>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary: Has anyone ported GRASPER to CLIM1.1?
Addition to my previous query: has anyone ported/run Peter Karps
(SRI's) Grasper-CL in CLIM1.1 on the mac?
I have Peter's email address, no need to tell me that.
Answering my own question #1, CLIM1.1 is develop by Bill
York and Dennis Doughty, according to email@example.com:
> MCL CLIM is currently being developed, maintained and supported by
> Illudium software (basically Dennis and myself). Illudium is a
> spin-off of International Lisp Associates (ILA), where Dennis and I
> worked for several years. ILA was the originator of CLIM, and we did
> the initial development work and built the Lisp vendor coalition.
> Nowadays, Dennis works for Interleaf ("ileaf") and I work for Lucid.
> Under the terms of an almost-signed agreement between Illudium and
> Lucid, Lucid will be taking over support for MCL CLIM. We (Lucid)
> will also be offering distribution and support for MCL itself, as well
> as continuing to support CLIM on the various other Lucid platforms.
> Lucid and Illudium will also team up for CLIM 2 work on the various
> platforms, including MCL.
Dan Suthers | LRDC, room 505A
firstname.lastname@example.org | 3939 O'Hara Street
(412) 624-7036 office | University of Pittsburgh