A Question

I need some advice.  I want to try out some class framework ideas out in MCL.
I would like to be in control of event handling, just as if it were a normal
Macintosh application built in C (with an event loop and the rest).  The
problem is that if disable the framework that exists for MCL I lose all the
fred windows, debuggers and all the normal MCL features.

What I would like is two "frameworks" coexisting so that I can develop my
framework and use MCL's environment do do this.  I assume that I must have some
strategy to intercept toolbox events that I am interested in and let MCL have
events that belong to it.

This may sound a little unclear, but if anyone has some insight to this I would
appreciate the help.  If you need more info on what I want, let me know...