MCL: it's fun!!!

Hello all you MCL hackers,

I have discovered something strange in MCL:

Start MCL2.0 patch 1 without any init (just rename your init file) to be
sure that it is a pure MCL behaviour (note: you can also try this without
any init while booting your mac).

type command-n
type anything in the new fred window

type command-n
type anything in the new fred window

type command-n
type anything in the new fred window

Now, you have 3 modified and not saved files.

type command-Q without selecting the listener.

message: do you really...  type return

message do you want to save new2 in a file? -> click 'no'

message do you want to save new in a file? -> click 'no'.

Game over, MCL never proposes you to save new1.

This seems to appear for the file that is after the front window in the
list of the window menu (unless the front window is the listener.

I have tested this behaviour on a II fx with no inits, on a II ci with a
lot of inits, without loading anything in MCL or with loading things in
MCL.

I think this can fairly be called an 'undocumented feature' ;-)

Gilles,

 L'ennemi est bete, il croit que l'ennemi c'est nous,
   alors que c'est lui.             P. Desproges
=======serasset@imag.fr=====Gilles Serasset==========
GETA IMAG, UJF et CNRS, BP 53X F-38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX