[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Commercial browser/editors for MCL?
- To: email@example.com (Charlie Lindahl)
- Subject: Re: Commercial browser/editors for MCL?
- From: Michael Maciag <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 16:59:31 -0800
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Fri, 11 Dec 92 00:54:12 PST." <9212110654.AA05793@cse.uta.edu>
Object Master transforms source code files for a "project" into
a "psuedo-image" database (somewhat similar to a Smalltalk image
file). This allows the programmer to view and directly edit the classes
and their associated methods and variables. Inheritance relationships
between the classes are understood. It's browser/editor is very similar
to a Smalltalk one. OM also understands C++ syntax so creation of new
classes/variables/methods is assisted through dialog boxes.
A similar product for MCL/CLOS could work through the wonderful
CLOS metobject protocol to provide all these features as well as
many others. A commercial (read "industrial-strength", "supported")
offering would seem (to me) to fill a gaping hole in the CLOS
Michael Maciag firstname.lastname@example.org uunet!casimir!mmm