view-cursor

I've created a special subclass of view for which I want to continually
display the mouse position when it is over the view.  I want the mouse
position to be displayed in the view-window of the view but outside
of the view.  So I wrote a method of view-cursor for my view as follows:

(defmethod view-cursor ((self my-special-view-class) where)
  (with-focused-view (view-window self)
    (#_textmode #$patCopy)
    (with-pstrs ((horizontal (format nil "~3d" (point-h where)))
                 (vertical (format nil "~3d" (point-v where))))
        (#_moveto 10 10)
	(#_drawstring horizontal)
	(#_moveto 10 40)
	(#_drawstring vertical)))
  *arrow-cursor*   ;return the arrow cursor
  )

My Question:  Is this the best way to do it (time-wise and
memory-wise)?  In particular, does this do some cons-ing that
will rapidly eat up memory while the mouse is over the view?

Dale Skrien
Colby College
Waterville,  ME  04901