MCL support for MOP

I saw an article in the lisp newsgroup that had one phrase that worried me.
I'm considering using MCL for a large project that I've been doing on
a set of Symbolics ivory boards.  I want to be certain that MCL will
support my needs.

That project requires the ability to define new metaclasses and
use them with defclass;
it further requires the ability to define new methods for that metaclass for
direct-slot-definition-class, effective-slot-definition-class, and
compute-effective-slot-definition;
it requires the ability to create subclasses of standard-slot-definition
to add "facets" to slots (really slots on the slots); and finally,
to support the above, we define subclasses of standard-direct-slot... and
standard-effective-slot...

Does MCL support programmers making these modifications?

--
Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com
Amoco Production Company	(918) 660-4270