upgrading a IIci

I am interested in "reclaiming" a IIci to run MCL on (it is
currently 3-6 times slower than my IIfx, depending on which
form you evaluate), but don't know much about the upgrades available
and also don't know if MCL loses on any of them.
Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with the various
upgrade options?

- does Radius Rocket/33 for the IIci work with MCL?  Anyone done it?
  Do you get Quadra-700 level performance?

- What about the Apple upgrade paths I've vaguely heard about?

- Anyone found that MCL loses on any of the upgrades?

Thanks in advance,

-- Bob