arglist display

Dear Folks:
    A minor annoyance in MCL 2.0 is the changed behavior of the
Listener mini-buffer's display of function argument lists.  As in 1.3.2,
when *arglist-on-space* is T, a function's argument list is displayed on
typing the first space after the function name.
    Unlike 1.3.2, the NEXT keystroke in 2.0 causes the mini-buffer
display to disappear.  Since (for my purposes anyway) one of the main
uses of the displayed argument list is to remind me what to type, the
current behavior is frustrating.  Am I missing something obvious?  Is
there any way to revert to 1.3.2's behavior here?  Thanks.
                                   Ray Lee
                                   U.S. Naval Academy Oceanography