Re: Mother ship App. (distributing FASL files)

There where some talks recently about using FASL files
as a code distribution means. The advantages of this approach
have been highlited, but I also see two problems with it:

First, there's the speed problem. For big programs, people
won't be happy waiting a few minutes for the application to
load.

Second and more serious, as these applications would share the
same mac application (the MCL mother ship) they would all have
the same mac signature, so you could not have them receive
specific apple events.

* Guillaume Cartier                 (514) 844-5294 (maison)         *
* L.A.C.I.M.                        (514) 987-4290 (bureau)         *
* Universite du Quebec a Montreal   (514) 987-8477 (telecopieur)    *
* Montreal, Quebec, Canada          cartier@math.uqam.ca (internet) *