Re: LAP technical info

>Is there a source for specific information about the LAP interface to MCL?
>Although a lot of the code is self explanatory, some additional technical info
>would be very useful.
>
>It would also be useful to be able to write LAP code directly without having
>to link in an externally assembled routine.

The only information that exists outside of the brains of those of
us who have figured it out is the file "ccl:library;lap.doc". That file
is what I wrote while learning LAP. I stopped writing when I understood
enough to write all the LAP I needed. The LAP source on the MCL 2.0 CD will
also be helpful:

  "MCL 2.0 CD:Additional MCL Source Code:lib:lap.lisp"
  "MCL 2.0 CD:Additional MCL Source Code:lib:lapmacros.lisp"

The one thing missing is a description of what all the subprims do.
I doubt that anyone here will document them anytime soon.

Also, look for "(lap" in "MCL 2.0 CD:Additional MCL Source Code:**:*"
to find examples of using LAP.