finder messages

I have a number of elementary questions concerning MCL 2.0.  Let me
start with just one.  I have created a standalone application with its
own creator resource and top level loop.  When it writes a file, it sets
the file's creator resource, and the finder knows to draw the correct
icon and that double clicking on such a file should open the
application.  But my application needs to know the pathname of the
file that was just clicked on.  I presume that there is a simple
pointer somewhere with that pathname that the top level loop could
easily access.  Can someone tell me what it is?

I think MCL 2.0 is very impressive, and a big improvement over the
already excellent MCL 1.3x.