editable-text-dialog-item and cut&paste

In running MCL2.0p2 with editable-text-dialog-items in a _modal_ dialog.

In the MCL Reference, that chapter on dialog items and dialogs seems to
imply that cut and paste functions for editable-text-dialog-items are
already existing and auto-magically available. That is, the book states "The
user can give standard Macintosh commands to edit the text of such
{editable-text} items."  I assume the book means these features are
automagically available since I cannot find any documentation on how to
_make_ them available.

However, in all of my modal dialogs the "Edit" menu is greyed out.  How do I
make it available (perferably _without_ going in and writing cut&paste
functions on a new dialog class which has to track its own editable-text
dialog items)?

Making the "edit" menu available is done in the standard dialog
"get-string-from-user."  This is what I would like to be able to do.

	Thanks
	-Tod

Ford Prefect - Have you been listening to me?
Arthur Dent  - Yes, but I don't think it's helped any.
"Truth then.  Yes, that's it.  It must be Truth.  Above all.  For when a
man lies he murders some part of the world.  You should know that."
			 - Merlin to Arthur in "Excalibur"
Jean -  Henna neko da ne... == Hobbes - Do you believe in God?
Nadia - Raiyon yo!          == Calvin - Well, Somebody's out to get me.
The opinions and statements herein expressed are not those of KBSI and,
if attributable to anyone, are mine.