modifying the "vers" resource

This is probably quite simple, but I have not been able to figure out how
to do it...

I want to have my own version string, version number, etc. show up in my
application (created with #'save-application) when a user selects Get Info
in the Finder. I have tried to modify and save the "vers" resource before
doing the #'save-application but have not been able to make it work. I can
successfully modify it using ResEdit but I want the procedure to be automated.
Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Stanley                                  Department of Computer Science
mts@ai.toronto.edu  -or-                        University of Toronto
mts@ai.utoronto.ca                              Pratt Building, Room 265A
                                                6 Kings College Circle
                                                Toronto, Ontario