MCL vs Lisp Machines

Dear MCL users

I am in the process of writing the "hands on, practical results" chapter
for my thesis. Does anyone have (a pointer to) some numbers indicating
the relative performance of MCL compared with the classic Symbolic 3600
or other Lisp Machines? I understand that comparisons of this kind are
very tricky but maybe there are some general comments that can be made.
The reason of course is that I want to be able to give another indication
of how my algorithms do in relation to those that were reported in the
early eighties when Lisp Machines were reigning.

I would appreciate any comments - please mail directly so that we don't
clutter this list.

-Nikos Troullinos