Re: Speech Manager Interface

 >To: info-mcl@ministry.cambridge.apple.com
 >From: waander@cs.umd.edu (Bill Andersen)
 >Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
 >Subject: Re: Speech Manager Interface
 >Date: 27 Aug 93 18:20:25 GMT
 >Sender: news@MIMSY.CS.UMD.EDU
 >
 >In article <9308231858.AA18795@aic.hrl.hac.com> seth@aic.hrl.hac.com writes:
 >>It's been a while since I've done toolbox calls from MCL. Could
 >>someone provide me with an implementation of a function that
 >>determines whether or not the speech manager is present?
 >
 >  I just sent a file of MCL functions to Steve Strassman to put out
 >on the archive which provides a simple interface to the Speech
 >Manager.  It should show up some time soon.  If you don't want to
 >use the functions I wrote, you can use them as examples of how
 >to do the toolbox calls.

Thanks, Bill, it's on cambridge.apple.com:
/pub/MCL2/contrib/speech-utils.lisp

Folks, you don't need to send me code directly, just upload things
yourself to contrib, and drop a line to info-mcl to advertise it.
Go nuts.

It would help if you could add some text to your contributions
granting permission so we can freely distribute it.