Re: compiling interpreted functions

I've removed comp.lang.lisp.franz, since I don't think this discussion is
relevant to Franz Lisp (which has nothing to do with the Lisp product from
Franz, Inc.).

In article <28pr18INN77h@no-names.nerdc.ufl.edu> kem@prl.ufl.edu (Kelly Murray) writes:
>I believe that COMPILE takes either a lambda expression '(lambda()..) or a function name,
>and your function argument is neither (it's a function), so the error is appropriate.

Actually, CLtL1 specified that it could only be a lambda expression.  In the
dpANS and CLtL2 it is extended to allow a lambda expression or a function.
But many implementations don't implement that feature yet.