Re: macptr question

>At  4:42 PM 10/12/93 +0000, David Neves wrote:
>Why you would want to do this escapes me. It isn't useful for much
>of anything as the macptr will likely move as soon as the garbage collector
>runs.
I am calling (with ff-call) some c code that requires a pointer to a pointer.
You're right.  I don't need a macptr pointing to a macptr.  I was
misunderstanding what a macptr was -- I thought it was a C pointer and now
realize it is a more complicated lisp object.  What I really need is a
macptr to a 4 byte area which I know how to do.
-Thanks, David