[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problems with the serial port from MCL
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Problems with the serial port from MCL
- From: Joanna Bryson <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 93 11:35:46 EDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Daniel LaLiberte's message of Wed, 20 Oct 1993 20:23:52 GMT
I'm trying to use the serial port drivers in examples/serial-streams.lisp,
but I get a lot of information loss, apparently from buffer overflow.
I found the place where the serial stream gets defined with the initial
value of :driver-buffer-size set to 4, and reset it to 4000. This helped
a lot, but it still looks like the buffer is in fact about 54 characters
large. From most applications other than MCL, you can get about
5-6 K/s across the serial port without any trouble.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a fix? Am I just
doing something amazingly stupid?
Thanks very much --