Re: with-slots and specialized

> REGARDING                with-slots and specialized setf's
> If  the value of a slot is set from within a call to with-slots, before and
> after methods on setf are ignored. This is not the case when the call is from
> within with-accessors.
> This is very counter-intuitive. But is it a bug? CLtL didn't help me very much.

It's not a bug.  with-slots is defined in terms of slot-value, which does not use
the accessor generic functions but rather manipulates the contents of the slot
"directly".  So before and after methods (or even shadowing methods) on the
accessor generic functions won't be invoked when you use slot-value.