[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How do you determine if
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How do you determine if
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Neves )
- Date: 17 Nov 1993 19:24:36 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: The Institute for the Learning Sciences
- References: <9311171006.AA19827@relay1.UU.NET>
Don Mitchell (dhm%proact@uunet.UU.NET) wrote:
: Is it possible to determine if a file is currently open
: by another application?
: A file is "open" if it's locked. MCL does not lock files when you open them
: only when it's compiling them.
This is not quite right. If you have a file open in write mode no one
else can can modify it. You could write a condition handler to test for this
to see if any other application has it open in write mode.
: I've written code to lock source files as soon
: as someone begins editing them.
: If it cannot get a lock, then it tells the user
rcs.lisp on cambridge.apple.com does something similar and adds some
features for group sharing and updating of code.