Re: MCL 2.0 and worldscripts

   From: casasent@optlab2.bk.tsukuba.ac.jp (Tod Casasent)
   Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 9:59:58 JST

   > We plan to develop a multilingual text generation system capable of
   > producing texts in Chinese, English and Japanese. We plan to use MCL 2.0
   > under system 7.1 running language kits for Chinese and Japanese, so that
   > in the same window we can display (and preferably edit) texts in Chinese,
   > English and Japanese characters. I wonder whether MCL2.0 is built to
   > WorldScript standards. If not, is there any quick solution to the problem

   Look in the contributions folder at cambridge.apple.com.  There is a
   kanji-fred editor contributed by a professor in Japan (I beleive).

I'm just an MCL programmer in Japan. Thanks for using kanji-fred.

Kanji-fred can edit English and Japanese on KanjiTalk. But it is a
bilingual editor, not multilingual.

   That should be a good place to start.

I know nothing about Chinese or ChineseTalk, but I think it is easy to
enhance kanji-fred to edit Chinese too. But it is trilingual editor,
not multilingual.

----- Thanks -----
Masaya UEDA	ueda@shpcsl.sharp.co.jp
Information Technology Research Lab., SHARP Co.
2613-1 Ichinomoto, Tenri, Nara 632, JAPAN