Re: SOME (and other mapping

At  2:57 PM 1/5/94 -0600, Don Mitchell wrote:
>Subject:   RE>>SOME (and other mapping
>Unless there's a trick that I cannot think of, it seems that the
>compiler may safely consider as dynamic-extent any lambda form
>given as the function argument to a mapping function.  As far as I
>know, there's no way to get a hold of the function in order to
>accidentally or intentionally return it.  In your example
>below, how could the enclosing function possibly return the
>anonymous function?  (I sure hope I don't end up embarassed by
>missing something obvious here.)

You haven't missed anything. Genera uses a declaration inside each
mapping function to implement your idea. Another implementation could
enumerate the mapping functions some other way. MCL has no way to identify
a mapping function, hence you need to explicitly include the dynamic-extent
declaration in every caller.