[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Infinite Update Cycles
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Infinite Update Cycles
- From: Andrew Newell Mickish <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 1994 13:05:58 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
I have written a special view-draw-contents method for my windows, but
whenever I create a new window an make it visible, it goes into an infinite
loop of redrawing the window. I cannot break the loop with Command-, since
that just breaks one execution of the method -- lisp imediately executes
the method again.
I found a note that "if you customize any of the window methods, you have to
call call-next-method", which is not particulary specific. Does it apply here?
Adding (call-next-method) as the last line in my method does not seem to help.
Thanks for any insight,