Infinite Update Cycles

I have written a special view-draw-contents method for my windows, but
whenever I create a new window an make it visible, it goes into an infinite
loop of redrawing the window.  I cannot break the loop with Command-, since
that just breaks one execution of the method -- lisp imediately executes
the method again.

I found a note that "if you customize any of the window methods, you have to
call call-next-method", which is not particulary specific.  Does it apply here?
Adding (call-next-method) as the last line in my method does not seem to help.

Thanks for any insight,

--Andrew Mickish