Re: sizeof

>> >Is there an equivalent of the C sizeof macro in MCL?
>> I don't think so; what would it do?
>
>It would return the size in bytes of a structure. Earlier I found myself
>making a CTabHandle, by doing something like this:
>
>(make-record :ColorTable :storage :Handle
>             :length (+ (sizeof :ColorTable)
>                        (* num-colors (sizeof :ColorSpec))))

Mark Tapia is correct in his earlier reply that record-length is the LISP
equivalent of c sizeof in this case (I thought you were looking for the
size of a LISP heap rather than a Mac heap object). I write to caution you
that record-length is a LISP macro, not a function, so be sure to recompile
the file containing your make-record if the included records (:ColorTable
or :ColorSpec in this example) change in size. This is not much of a
problem in your example since the records are MacOS defined and are
unlikely to change. It's more likely to bite you if you define your own
record types.