[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Why no machandle builtin object?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Why no machandle builtin object?
- From: Dave@Yost.COM (Dave Yost)
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 08:31:22 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Dave Yost's house
- Reply-to: Dave@Yost.COM (Dave Yost)
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (David Yost)
I was wondering... Why is there a single object type, macptr,
for both pointers and handles? It would seem to be a good
idea to have two separate object types so you could catch
more errors, no? And why not a property or something to mark
the kind of record it points to?