Very simple MCL/ACTION question

I'm having trouble writting my first MCL/ACTION program.  All I want to do
is
click on a button and have a string printed.  However, I get the
following error:

> Error: Too many arguments.
> While executing: #<CCL:STANDARD-READER-METHOD DISPLAYLIST (APPLICATION)>

Here's my code

(defclass test2 (Application) nil )

(defmethod displaylist ((test2 Test2) &rest ignore)
  (declare (ignore ignore))
  (set-value (NamedObject test2 :THEOUTPUT) (format nil  "button clicked")
t)
)
;; THEOUTPUT is the name of the TextObject I want to update

Thanks for any help.
PS where's the FAQ?

steve desrosiers      |  These words are mine and
desrosie@pat.mdc.com  |  not those of McDonnell Douglas