Re: MCL on PowerPC?

At 20:44 2/2/94 +0000, John Sterling wrote:
>Any rumor (or hard info) as to when a native PowerPC release is
>expected for MCL?  I am trying to decide whether to buy a Quadra 800
>(good price - $2k for a base 8/230 config) or get a PowerPC.  The
>speed of my lisp applications will have a significant effect on that
>decision.

Seems to me there are two questions, only one of which is asked.  The other
is how does MCL emulated performance on powerPC (pending the native
version) compare with Q-800 performance.

MCL is somewhat specialized code, so the general results may not be
meaningful (and it's not clear which direction the difference would be).

--John

--
jwbaxter@pt.olympus.net (John W. Baxter)  Port Ludlow, WA
I don't have a cross platform...I have a contented Macintosh.