[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cheesy Hacks #1: Better Search Files
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Cheesy Hacks #1: Better Search Files
- From: Shannon V Spires <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 08:11:23 -0700 (MST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (Shannon V Spires)
- In-reply-to: <9402040900.AA14513@cambridge.apple.com> from "email@example.com" at Feb 4, 94 04:00:04 am
This is the first in possibly a series of cheesy hacks that fit
in a single email message. Use at your own risk.
This hack adds a "Pick Path" button, which brings up the standard directory
dialog box, to the Search Files dialog.
Please let me know of any bugs or improvements you make.
;;; better search files.lisp
;;; Adds a "pick path" button to the standard MCL "search files" dialog box,
;;; so you can use the standard file dialog box to pick a path.
;;; Load this file at startup time after MCL's menus have been built.
;;; 11/11/93 Shannon Spires
;;; Use at your own risk.
(defun new-search-file-dialog ()
(let ((pathitem (FIND-NAMED-SIBLING ITEM 'CCL::FILE-ITEM)))
; :directory (dialog-item-text pathitem)
;; uncomment above line to have path pick start at directory currently
;; shown in the box.
;; This can be useful, but unfortunately it bombs with the default string
;; that MCL first puts in the box.
;; Use this format to search all subdirectories as well: "**:*.lisp"
(find-menu-item (find-menu "Tools") "Search Files")
; end of better search files.lisp