[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Middledown and Rightdown?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Middledown and Rightdown?
- From: Andrew Newell Mickish <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 11:03:54 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Computer Science Department, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
Is there a standard way to generate middledown and rightdown mouse events
from a mouse with only one button? It would not be appropriate to use
one of the "real" modifier keys on a mouse click, because then you couldn't
talk about control-rightdown, for example.
I was thinking of checking to see if the M or R keys are pressed during a
mouse click, to indicate middle and rightdown events. Is there a way to
check whether a particular key is being pressed? I found the function
GetKeys in Inside Macintosh, but it always returns NIL for me (I think it
is supposed to return a keymap record). How do I use this function, or
should I be trying something different?