Connectix's RAM Doubler

   Date: Wed,  9 Feb 1994 13:16:29 -0500 (EST)
   From: dr3f+@andrew.cmu.edu ("Douglas E. Roesch")

   Well, I had sort of hoped against hope that Connectix's RAM Doubler
   would work with MCL.  It doesn't.  Blows into MacsBug left and right,
   esp when switching applications.  Removing ptable doesn't help.  Any
   comments?  (Besides "you should have known better...")  :-)
   Date: Wed, 09 Feb 1994 11:36:30 -0700
   From: jvb@vedauwoo.uwyo.edu (Dr Van Baalen)

   That's strange.  I'm using RAM Doubler with now problems.  I don't use
   EGC.  I don't understand how RAM Doubler works, but its seems to.

RAM Doubler works quite well with MCL on my Duo250. I'm using EGC.

I did some benchmark tests. If MCL does random access across large
area (greater than the half of the physical memory), the memory access
performance is rather (about 40%) decreased; but this is very extreme
case.

----- Thanks -----
Masaya UEDA	ueda@shpcsl.sharp.co.jp
Information Technology Research Lab., SHARP Co.
2613-1 Ichinomoto, Tenri, Nara 632, JAPAN