MCL causes Macintosh purchase

I bought my Q650 because of MCL, and figured I could update them to PPC
together.

Just as computers are getting powerful enough to spit in the face of the
"lisp is too slow" people, and OO technology is taking off mainstream, the
plug gets pulled.

Apple's new policy of requiring each division to show a profit is hurting
all developer areas. The amount of concern raised here and in the
c.s.m.programmer group indicates that developers are very wary of
attempting to develop for the Macintosh because they have no support from
Apple.

Applications do not grow on trees. They come from developers. Chase away
developers, and you chase away sales.

speaking for myself

brad

--