Re: Weird bug -- seen before?

At  4:09 PM 3/7/94 +0000, Kim Binsted wrote:
>Hi. I didn't find this in the FAQ. Has anyone had this problem before?
>I'm trying to put up windows containing text. The chunks of text may
>vary in size, so I was using default positioning. However, default
>positioning seems to work differently (and strangely) with *slightly*
>different bits of text. For example:

The problem was a bug in (method view-default-size (dialog-item)).
It was neglecting to account for newlines in its width computation
(it did account for them in its height computation). This caused
your static-text-dialog-item to be wider than the dialog, which caused
view-find-vacant-position to punt (could also be called a bug, but
not as severe, so I didn't fix it). Why noone has noticed this before
now, I don't know. I'll send you a patch under separate cover. Anyone
else who wants it, please ask for "view-default-size-patch".

-Bill