[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Adding new slot-options to defclass?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Adding new slot-options to defclass?
- From: Shannon V Spires <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 12:56:38 -0700 (MST)
- Cc: email@example.com (Shannon V Spires)
- In-reply-to: <9403280900.AA09618@cambridge.apple.com> from "firstname.lastname@example.org" at Mar 28, 94 04:00:04 am
I need to add a new slot option (like :accessor, :initarg, etc.)
to certain slots in a defclass. The idea is that I would
do some "special" processing as the class is being defined
whenever a new slot option, like :foo, appeared in a slot
What's the best way to do this? Ideally, one could write a method
on make-instance, allocate-instance, initialize-instance, etc.,
but I cannot find any evidence that MCL calls these functions
when it's creating an instance of a metaclass (that is, doing
a defclass). Is there any other way, or must I just rewrite
the defclass macro?