Mac Open file dialog

I have a slight problem. In the docs for (open-file-dialog) it says that
you can include a :mac-file-type parameter that will take a 4 char
string (like "lisp", or "fasl") and restrict the directory entries in the open file dialog to those types. Has anyone ever used this feature? I've tried,
and instead of showing "lisp" files (say) it just shows no files except for
directories.

Can anyone tell me the syntax on how to use this command? The docs are wrong in the
MCL 2.0 manual.

Thanks

Andy Begel
MIT Media Lab