Quickdraw, graphics questions

A am attempting to create something similar to a draw program in MCL,
and I have the following basic questions that I hope someone here can
answer:

1)  MCL does not seem to support color QuickDraw at all -- is there
someone or someplace that has implemented this?

2)  MCL provides two functions for bitmaps, make-bitmap and copy-bits.
Neither of these is ever called with a view, and it doesn't seem like
you can draw into them, so how do you get information into a bitmap.

3)  With that in mind, what is the best way to do "rubber-banding" in
MCL -- where, for example, the line you are drawing is updated on the
screen as you drag the mouse, without destroying the underlying
picture.

Thanks for your help

Noel Rappin

--------
Noel Rappin  (noel@cc.gatech.edu)
Graphics, Visualization and Usability Center
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA