[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What's the deal with MCL on PPC?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: What's the deal with MCL on PPC?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Matthew Haines)
- Date: 27 Apr 1994 23:23:13 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: USC Information Sciences Institute
I've been reading this newsgroup for two weeks now, hoping to find out
about MCL on the PPC. I saw the posting that claimed that Apple was
discontinuing MCL and moving to Dylan, and I saw the posting denying
that. I also saw postings that said that you could run MCL on PPC,
but only in emulation mode with virtual memory OFF.
I used to use MCL on a Mac IIci and liked it very much. Now I have my
choice of Franz, Lucid, or CMU Common Lisp on a Sparc 10, and I like
the speed quite a bit. But have you ever tried writing Japanese
interfaces in X? Don't! I'd go to a PPC in a second if I thought
that (1) I could run MCL in emulation mode without problems until
(2) a native mode version came out. What's the likelyhood?