how fast is MCL on a Quadra compared to Symbolics 3600?

Now that MCL has taken on the same "classic" status at the Symbolics
Lisp Machine, I'm finally ready to use it seriously.  :-) Before I
spend hard-stolen-from-the-government-dollars on a spiffy Quadra, I'd
like to know what kind of performance one can get running a
CLOS-intensive mostly integer application.

Is it 4X a 3600 or what?  I know that this is mostly a bogus question,
but I'd like rough numbers please.

How about MCL on a Quadra versus Franz or Harlequin on a Sun or HP
RISC machine?

Thanks alot,

--

      -- Philip Greenspun

MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
545 Technology Square, Rm 433, Cambridge, MA 02139, (617) 253-8574
Personal Web URL:  http://martigny.ai.mit.edu/~philg/philg.html
(my attempt to produce the most koolacious node on the Web)