image linking

(Help) I am writing a program in Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL v2.0) in which description of images/pictures are manipulated. I need help in the following:
(1) How can I pop up a window that contains specific image/picture.
(2) I would like to make the program stands alone (double-click-icon program).
(3) Some of the code is written using Allegro Common Lisp. Some of the variables (of functions) in the code are internal functions in MCL. Is there a way to avoid conflicting without changing the names.
Thank you.