[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Using TCP in Lisp
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Using TCP in Lisp
- From: email@example.com (Karsten Poeck)
- Date: 2 Jun 1994 11:24:59 GMT
- Followup-to: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of Wuerzburg
We would like to do some distributed problem solving using tcp connections
in MCL. TCP related stuff instead of the eval-server in order not to be
bounded by macs or even Lisp. A typical application would be that our
classification problem solver runs in MCL on a mac and gets its data from
another process on another machine.
Given the mac-tcp File in the libray we managed by explorative programming
to get a connection between two macs by using %tcp-passive-open one one mac
and using %tcp-active-open on the other and communicate data by
telnet-write-line an telnet-write-line.
Unfortunately we only have a very basic understanding of using TCP and got
this by a long period of trial and error. Does anybody have pointers to a
documentation and/or example code using tcp on the macintosh or even in
any hints welcome.