Setting the background color for a checkbox?

hello!

i thought i had seen mention of this type of dilemna in this forum before,
but i apparently didn't save it. (stupid me) here's the problem:

i have a color window with a background-type view that just fills the
entire content region of the window with a specific color. (i don't use
the part-color stuff for the window because it seemed to cause other
problems that i don't need/want to get into here/now.) now i need to add a
check box (make-instance 'check-box-dialog-item...) so that instead of
filling the the view's rectangle with white (essentially by erasing it),
it would be filled with the same color that i have in my background view.

i've tried setting the "part-color"s of the check box, but none of the
ones mentioned in the manual do what i want. both :body and :thumb (duh)
do nothing, and :text and :frame do sort of what i expected them to. is
there another part of the view that i need to set the color for? am i SOL?

i pretty sure this is possible, i seem to recall helping somebody else do
this in a project of theirs (in C though) and i remember it eventually
working for him... i think...

thanks a million!

-joey

Joey Gray                          | geek@nwu.edu
School of Education                | (708) 467-1704
Northwestern University            +-------------------------------------
**Bandwagon disclaimer:            | "Albert Einstein nailed space/time,
    My opinions are mine, not my   |  but the wild thing had him stumped!"
    my employer's. so there!       | -- Thomas Dolby