new array class

Anyone know how to make a new object that amounts to an array with a few
extra slots?  I'd like to have some lists, pathnames, etc. tag along with
some arrays, and yet have the arrays respond normally to AREF.  I'm having
trouble doing the usual thing because arrays do not inherit (?) from
STANDARD-OBJECT.

Thanks v much
:8o)
Dave

David S. Bright                        bright@enh.nist.gov
Microanalysis Research Group
Bldg. 222 (Chem.) A113
National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST, formerly NBS)
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-0001   / USA
301-975-3911 (voice),  301-216-1134 (fax)
"You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may
live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.",  Deuteronomy 25:15