drawing a string...

        Can someone point me in the direction of a function (or several)
that well let me draw a string starting at at any point within a
view/subview? The closest thing I've found is redraw-cell which does pass a
point as a parameter, but the point asked for is the cell positon within
the table, not the local pixel adress of the cell.
        I have a one-dimentional table with a scroll-bar. What I'm
ultimatly trying to do is click and drag one cell to annother location
within the same table. My problem is that during the drag I want to see the
text of the cell being dragged also, not just a grey rectagle that
represents the cell....

                                        Thanks,

                                                Ben Damon