Stop Evaluator on File Load

Is there a way to put a 'stop-eval' mark in an MCL .lisp and/or .fasl file that
will evaluate expressions before the mark and stop evaluating expressions when
the mark is read?

I am thinking about single-file application that would contain user interface
expressions at the beginning of the file followed by data.

I don't want the data part of the file read by the MCL loader.  I want to read
or not read the rest of this file under the control of the code loaded at the
beginning of the file.

I also want to edit this single-file under control of the same code that is
loaded from the beginning of the file.

I this feasible in MCL?

Thanks.