Re: 540c crashes MCL 2.0

At 3:14 AM 11/29/94, rghst8@vms.cis.pitt.edu wrote:
>I have just purchased a PB540c and upon trying to run my MCL version 2.0,
>everytime I execute a floating point number calculation, such as (+ 2 1.5),
>I get a message "Stacks reset due to overflow". Also, everytime I try to access
>the online documentation under the tools menu, the application crashes and
>gives a message "Application has quit unexpectedly, an error of type 10
>has occurred". An error of type 10 is "line 1111 trap error", whatever that
>means. Is this problem because MCL 2.0 is not compatible with system 7.5?
>MCL 2.0 runs perfectly fine with my PB180 running system 7.1.2.
>Also, does the fact that a 5xx PB doesn't have an FPU cause the stacks
>overflow error message above?

MCL 2.0 is not compatible with 68040LC processors, i.e. 68040's that
have no FPU. You need to upgrade to MCL 2.0.1. You can do this either
by ordering it from APDA or getting the file
"/pub/mcl2/patches/2.0->2.0.1.sea.hqx" from the FTP server at
cambridge.apple.com and following the directions in its *README* file.
The installation will not work on your 540C unless you first use
ResEdit to change one of MCL 2.0's resources. If you need to install
it on the 540C, ask and I'll give you details.