Re: PPC & MCL

At  8:39 AM 12/23/94 -0700, Paradigm Publishing Systems, Inc. wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm running MCL 2.0.1 (patches obtained from cambridge.apple.com). Does
>this version run error free on the PPC or are there other patches required?
>In the version I'm running there seems to be an error with -sort-
>        >(setf q '(4 3 5 1 6))
>                (4 3 5 1 6)
>        >(sort q #'<)
>                (1 2 3 4 5 6)
>        >q
>                (5 6)
>Thanks for any info.

No bug here.

This should go in a "Frequent lisp errors" compendium;SORT destructively modifies
the list passed in to it, and returns a pointer to the head of the new
modified list.  You ignored the value SORT returned, so you had an old pointer
which used to point to the head, but now could point anywhere in the list.