[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: a listener that won't listen
- To: email@example.com (Bill St. Clair)
- Subject: Re: a listener that won't listen
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Martin Stanley)
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 22:08:18 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
At 11:04 AM 1/30/95 -0500, Bill St. Clair wrote:
>The Listener won't "Listen" unless MCL's toplevel loop is running
>to do so. Basically, you need to be inside of ccl:toplevel-loop.
>Hence, your MCL function needs to end with:
>(defun mcl ()
> (%set-toplevel 'toplevel-loop)
>Likewise, the function that switches back to your application's
>menubar needs to %set-toplvel to your application's toplevel-loop
>and execute (toplevel) to install it.
Thank you for your response. I can't believe I forgot about this!
What happens if (toplevel) is not executed? I fixed my code to do a
set-toplevel, but did not do this and it seemed to work.