[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Disposing object instances
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Disposing object instances
- From: email@example.com (Peter Stone)
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 09:39:18 +0100
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does anybody know how to mark an object as garbage, other than removing
all references to it?
This is needed when you want to free memory from objects that contain
references to other objects. If you do nothing to this object hierarchy
(gc) thinks it is still alive since its elements are referenced.
I noticed I have to remove all references of all objects that I don't need,
otherwise memory runs out. Is there other way to inform the gc directly
that somehing is not needed anymore? Something similar like